Why brief? You’re not here for an in depth analysis, you’re just here for an opinion, so here is mine.
An operating system is designed to enable you to do what you want to do without getting in your way. Windows 10 seems to do just that. Here are my observations:
- Microsoft have given us a free upgrade which is relatively painless. About 90 mins for me and I have similar times reported by friends.
- The UI is good looking and easy work with.
- So far all my programmes still work.
- So far all my devices still work.
- After installing on a laptop, the interface is “Windows 7-like”. i.e. works a desktop / laptop without having to mess with it.
- The app store seems pretty good -not worth installing many of these apps in a desktop environment but I can see their value in a tablet / phone environment.
I think my experience with Windows 10 has been 98% positive. Now that’s a good thing!